AVONDALE ESTATES REAL ESTATE GUIDE
Located just down the street from the Downtown Decatur Square, Avondale Estates was founded in 1924. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, its Tudor Revival style architecture really makes it stand out from the other Intown Atlanta neighborhoods. If Tudors aren't your cup of tea, you will also find 1950s ranch style homes as well a new construction Craftsman homes throughout the neighborhood.
With less than 3,000 residents, Avondale Estates home owners enjoy the small town atmosphere and take great pride in the business district, festivals and events. Welcome home to Avondale Estates, Georgia!
Avondale Estates is a historic neighborhood with a personality all its own. Bordering the City of Decatur, the Tudor-style architecture is prevalent throughout Avondale Estates, including the businesses in the heart of the downtown Avondale. This close-in Atlanta neighborhood offers everything from 2 bedroom cottages to luxury Tudor Revival mansions with a few condos and townhome communities speckled throughout the city.
The City of Avondale Estates was featured as one of the "Best Old House Neighborhoods 2012" in This Old House online magazine. Home of the first Waffle House is one of Avondale Estates' biggest claims to fame and if you are in the neighborhood, you can tour the Waffle House Museum (still in the original location!). Several locals artists and actors call Avondale Estates home, specifically, an area called the Rail Arts District; where there are several galleries and studios bringing even more character and flair to this lovely location.
- Zip code for Avondale Estates is 30002
- Located in Dekalb County, Georgia
- Popular streets include Covington Rd, Clarendon, Rockbridge Rd, and South Columbia.
- Bordering neighborhoods include the City of Decatur, Scottdale, Belvedere Park, and Oakhurst
- Home of the original Waffle House... and the Waffle House Museum!
- Easy Access to I-285 & I-20
- MARTA Rail access for traveling to a game or the airport and also several bus routes run throughout the city
Avondale Estates schools are part of the Dekalb County school district.
- Dekalb School of the Arts
- Avondale Elementary School
- Druid Hills Middle School
- Druid Hills High School
- Museum School of Avondale Estates - created by the Georgia Charter School Commission
Avondale Estates home values range from the high $200s to $400s or a smaller 2 or 3 bedroom home to over $900,000 for a larger historic home or new construction Craftsman home. The home prices have more than doubled since 2010!
Get the scoop on the Avondale Estates and Atlanta real estate market and view the latest real estate market reports.
There are so many opportunities to get out and connect with your neighbors. Here are just a few of our favorite attractions and events in and around Avondale Estates:
- Avondale-Art-B-Que Festival
- Dekalb Farmers Market (Indoor / Year-Round)
- Avondale Art Walk (Spring)
- Avondale Estates Christmas Tour of Homes (Nov/Dec)
- Citywide Yard Sale (October)
- Avondale Estates Lantern Parade - Light Up the Lake (October)
- Decatur Arts Festival
- Decatur Beach Party
- Emory University
- Agnes Scott College
- Columbia Theological Seminary
- The Waldorf School
- Waffle House Museum
- Arepa Mia (Venezuelan)
- Avondale Pizza Cafe
- Good Karma Coffee House
- My Parents Basement (Craft beer + creative bar food)
- Rising Son (Classic Southern)
- Savage Pizza Avondale
- The Stratford Pub (American Pub Fare)
If you are looking for a local Avondale Estates real estate agent to help you purchase a new home, we would love to talk with you. Our Urban Nest real estate agents take great pride in educating our home buyer clients to ensure that they make a solid real estate investment that meets their list of "must haves" before starting the search for Avondale Estates homes for sale.
If you are thinking about selling your Avondale Estates home, know that you're in good hands. Our listing agents are top-notch and not only work hard to promote your home everywhere potential buyers are looking, we're committed to keeping you updated and informed every step of the way. Our personal attention at every stage of the buying and selling process has created a very long list of happy and satisfied clients.