OLD FOURTH WARD REAL ESTATE GUIDE
The Old Fourth Ward has experienced an incredible transformation in recent years and this historic, artsy neighborhood is quickly becoming the hub for foodies, shoppers, and Beltline lovers. New homes and businesses are popping up everywhere and real estate is in high demand.
The Old Fourth Ward is a diverse community rich in history with many beautifully restored Victorian-era and Craftsman style homes alongside commercial properties. This area played a significant part in Atlanta's history, namely as the place where Martin Luther King, Jr. was born, raised and preached.
This Intown Atlanta neighborhood has experienced quite the transformation in recent years, thanks to the Atlanta Beltline and the Ponce City Market development (formerly the old Sears & Roebuck Building). New condo buildings, restaurants and businesses are flocking to the area and as you can imagine, home prices continue to climb. Here are just a few quick facts about O4W:
- Old Fourth Ward is located in the City of Atlanta and Fulton County, zip codes 30308 and 30312. It is conveniently located just east of Downtown Atlanta, East of I-75 and North of Ralph McGill Blvd.
- Popular Streets in include: Boulevard, Highland East, Kennesaw, Howell, East Ave, and Auburn Ave.
- Bordering neighborhoods include Inman Park, Cabbagetown, Midtown, Poncey Highland and Downtown ATL.
O4W residents are part of the City of Atlanta Public School System. All attend Grady High School, but there are two elementary school districts:
- John Hope Elementary
- CW Hill Elementary
- Inman Middle School
- King Middle School
- Grady High School
Within minutes of O4W, you'll also find several private schools like The Paideia School, Horizons School, and Heritage Preparatory School.
Homes in Historic Old Fourth Ward range from about $350,000 for a smaller, fixer-upper home to over $2 million for a fully-restored historic home or a contemporary new construction home. More and more condos, lofts and townhomes are also being built and typically range in price from the $100s for a studio condo to well over a million for a luxury townhome.
Thanks to the tree-lined streets, historic charm, Ponce City Market, proximity to the shops and restaurants along Highland Ave and the Atlanta Beltline, O4W is the place to be!
- Atlanta Beltline - Run, bike, walk to nearby neighborhoods and parks
- Ponce City Market - shopping, dining and great people watching
- Historic Walking Tour of the Old Fourth Ward
- Old Fourth Ward Skate Park
- Fantastic local eateries and fine dining, including Rathbun's, Parish, Grindhouse and several others that made Creative Loafing's "Best of Atlanta" list
- Atlanta Beltline Pub Crawl - runs from Piedmont Park to Ponce City Market
- Food Trucks at Stove Works (Wednesdays)
- Atlanta Streets Alive (October)
- Pubs and other shopping along Highland Ave and Sweet Auburn
- TWO URBAN LICKS - 820 Ralph McGill Blvd | Atlanta, GA 30306
- HIGHLAND BAKERY - 655 Highland Ave NE | Atlanta, GA 30312
- BANTAM PUB - 737 Ralph McGill Blvd | Atlanta, GA 30312
- AMMAZZA - 591 Edgewood Ave | Atlanta, GA 30312
- DOGGY DOGG - 154 Randolph St NE | Atlanta, GA 30312
- SERPAS - 659 Auburn Ave NE | Atlanta, GA 30312 | (404) 688-0040
- KROG BAR - 112 Krog St | Atlanta, GA 30307 | (404) 524-1618
- 4TH & SWIFT - 621 N Ave NE | Atlanta, GA 30308
- MISO IZAKAYA - 619 Edgewood Ave | Atlanta, GA 30312
- PARISH FOODS AND GOODS - 240 N Highland Ave | Atlanta, GA 30307
- GEKKO SUSHI - 620 Glen Iris Dr NE | Atlanta, GA 30308
- HILDA'S - 660 Irwin St | Atlanta, GA 30312
- THE SOUND TABLE - 483 Edgewood Ave | Atlanta, GA 30312
- PONCE CITY MARKET - The PCM Food Hall has a wide range of delectable dishes. Learn more.
Interested in purchasing a home or condo in the Old Fourth Ward area of Atlanta? Our real estate agents live, work and play in the neighborhood and would love to show you around. If you aren't quite ready to sell your home or purchase a new one, but just have questions about the current real estate market, schools, commute times - or anything else - we're here to help. Contact us anytime at the number above.