EAST LAKE REAL ESTATE GUIDE
Located just 10 minutes from of Downtown Atlanta, East Lake borders several other popular neighborhoods, such as Downtown Decatur, Oakhurst, Kirkwood, and East Atlanta. This friendly Intown neighborhood popular with both young single professionals and families and is filled with tree-lined streets, parks, historic homes and a PGA golf course, the East Lake Golf and Country Club. Learn more about this charming community with our East Lake real estate guide...
- Located in Dekalb County, with two primary districts: On the North side of Memorial Drive (near Oakhurst and Kirkwood), you'll find the more developed section of East Lake in zip code 30317. On the South side of Memorial (near the East Lake Golf Club), there are many new construction Craftsmans and post-war homes that are in varying stages of renovation. This zip code, 30032, is an attractive area for real estate investors.
- Popular Streets in East Lake include Memorial Drive, Alston Drive, Candler, 2nd Avenue, Carter, and Hosea Williams Drive.
- Bordering neighborhoods include Oakhurst, Kirkwood and East Atlanta.
- The streets are filled with bungalow and post-war ranch homes, but there are also several newly constructed Craftsman style homes speckled throughout the neighborhood. Home prices typically range from about $350,000 to $650,000 for a 3 bedroom / 2 bath house.
Homes in Atlanta's East Lake neighborhood range in price from about $300,000 for a smaller, semi-renovated home to over $1.5 million for a larger historic home or newer construction luxury home near the East Lake Golf and Country Club. Certain sections of East Lake demand a higher price, especially those homes that are near the Oakhurst Village or overlook the East Lake Golf Course.
Get the latest information about the Intown Atlanta real estate market and view the latest neighborhood real estate market reports.
PGA Tournament at the East Lake Golf Club
- East Lake YMCA
- East Lake Community Garden
- Farmer's Market (weekends)
- Walk or bike to restaurants, shops and festivals in Kirkwood, the Oakhurst Village or the East Lake restaurants at 2nd + Hosea
East Lake is nestled in between the Oakhurst Village and Downtown Kirkwood. While many residents enjoyed walking or biking to the nearby neighborhoods, everyone dreamed of having their own little 'village.' That dream came true when a developer revitalized the three corners of Hosea Williams and 2nd Avenue. Now referred to as "Hosea + 2nd" this amazing new area received the Award of Excellence from the Atlanta Urban Design Commission. It was also a 2017 finalist for an American Institute of Architects (Georgia) design and honor award for renovation/restoration.
Eclectic Gastropub / Patio Dining
2371 Hosea L Williams Drive SE | Atlanta, GA 30317
The Greater Good BBQ
Southern Barbecue with a patio and great n'hood gathering spot
2358 Hosea L Williams Drive
Mix'D Up Burgers - East Lake
Just really, really good burgers.
2371 Hosea L Williams Dr | Atlanta, GA
Mary Hoopa’s House of Fried Chicken & Oysters
2371 Hosea L Williams Dr -- May be reopening soon?
Also just down the street...
My Coffee Shop at Eastlake
2462 Memorial Dr. SE, Atlanta, GA 30317
The Urban Nest Atlanta Real Estate Group, along with eXp Realty, has some of the top East Lake Atlanta real estate agents who would be honored to assist you with the purchase of your new home. Our agents bring years of experience to the table and believe that our clients need to be armed with as much information as possible in order to make an informed decision.
If you are thinking about selling your East Lake home, know that you're in good hands. Our commitment to customer service, tech-savvy, creative marketing strategy and intimate knowledge of the East Lake real estate market will ensure that your home is sold... no matter what kind of real estate market we're in. Contact us today at the number above!