OAK GROVE REAL ESTATE GUIDE
If you are looking for a family-friendly neighborhood with strong resale values, Oak Grove should be at the top of your list. Thanks to the excellent elementary school, proximity to Emory / CDC, and the active neighborhood association, residents take great pride in their neighborhood. Learn more about this close-knit community and view all the latest homes for sale with our guide to Oak Grove real estate...
The upscale Oak Grove neighborhood lies in two different zip codes, 30033 and 30045 in the Atlanta area and also in North Decatur /unincorporated DeKalb County. For those who live in unincorporated Dekalb County, they enjoy low property taxes! Here are a few more quick facts you may find helpful:
- Home Values - Single family homes in this highly sought after Decatur neighborhood range in price from about $350,000 to up to $2.8 million. The average single-family home sales price in Oak Grove is in the mid $600s.
- Architecture - In the upper price ranges, you will find large new construction homes in the Georgian, Traditional, and European style homes. In the lower end of the price range, you will find more Traditional homes (new and old), Mid-Century Modern ranch homes, as well as a few post-war cottages and Craftsman style homes speckled throughout the tree-lined streets.
- Popular Oak Grove Neighborhoods - Echo Lake, Oak Grove Estates, and Leafmore Hills.
- Popular streets - Briarwillow, Fisher Trail, Diamond Head, Dogwood, Echo, Pangborn, Briarcliff Rd, Oak Grove Drive, and Vista Leaf.
- Nearby Atlanta neighborhoods include Sagamore Hills, Northlake, Toco Hills and Downtown Decatur.
Oak Grove residents attend Dekalb County Public Schools:
- Oak Grove Elementary School
- Henderson Middle School
- Lakeside High School
Both Oak Grove Elementary and Lakeside High are ranked as some of the top schools in Dekalb County and Metro Atlanta. Newsweek ranked Lakeside HS as one of the best in the country.
The typical home in Oak Grove sells for about $650,000, but there are a wide range of housing options for every budget - from about $250,000 to over $2.0 million. Over the last five years, the values in this sought-after community have seen a dramatic increase, as more and more home buyers compete for the limited inventory.
Oak Grove is minutes from several popular business districts and parks, including Downtown Decatur, North DeKalb Mall, and Stone Mountain Park, but you don't have to leave the neighborhood to have a good time! Oak Grove residents love their outdoor activities, from festivals to swimming, tennis, and golf. There are several clubs nearby, including the Dynamo Swim Club and the Twin Lakes Swim and Tennis Club. Heritage Golf Links is just a few minutes away. Echo Lake and Doreen Lake are also nearby and are perfect for fishing or just relaxing with your feet in the sand!
Napoleon's Restaurant - American Food / Gastropub on La Vista Road
Mo's Pizza - an Oak Grove staple since 1979!
Taqueria El Vecino - Mexican food on La Vista Road in Oak Grove
The Grove Restaurant & Tavern - New American / Sports Bar at the intersection of Oak Grove Rd & LaVista
Sprig Restaurant - Fresh, local Southern comfort foot - also on La Vista Rd
Thinking of moving to the Oak Grove neighborhood? The Urbanest (aka "Urban Nest") Real Estate Group would be honored to answer any questions you may have and if you'd like, assist you with the purchase of your new home. We have several buyer agent specialists who live and work in the Emory / Lakeside area and bring years of experience to the table. Call us anytime with questions about Oak Grove and/or the local real estate market.
If you are planning to sell your Oak Grove home, know that you're in good hands with the Urbanest team. Our traditional marketing strategy coupled with a rock-solid internet marketing plan, allows home sellers to rest easy, as your home will receive the maximum visibility with potential buyers and their real estate agents. Our commitment to customer service will ensure that you are informed at every step during the marketing and sale of your Oak Grove or Decatur home. Your satisfaction is the cornerstone of our business... as a matter of fact, we feel that our job isn't complete until you are raving about your experience to everyone you know!