EXPLORE: HOMES FOR SALE | AREA HIGHLIGHTS | SCHOOLS | THINGS TO DO | RESTAURANTS | REAL ESTATE MARKET
MEDLOCK PARK REAL ESTATE GUIDE
Located in North Decatur, this tucked away neighborhood is truly a hidden gem. Named after the 39-acre local park, Medlock Park residents love being in close proximity to Downtown Decatur, Emory University, a nature preserve and of course, Medlock Park itself with baseball fields, playgrounds, picnic areas and walking trails. The residents are active, down to earth and very friendly. Learn more about this Decatur neighborhood with our Medlock Park real estate guide...
This established neighborhood features many 1950s and 1960s brick ranch-style homes on large lots. The houses typically have 2 to 4 bedrooms with less than 2,000 square feet. Many homeowners have expanded the attics and/or enclosed the garages to add extra living space. The ranch homes typically sell for in the low $200s to the mid $400s, so it is an affordable option in a great location! Here are a few more important details about this neighborhood:
- Medlock Park is located in Decatur, Georgia 30033 and in Dekalb County
- The Medlock Park neighborhood is on the north side of Decatur (often referred to simply as "North Decatur") bounded by Scott Blvd and Lawrenceville Hwy on the East, North Decatur Rd on the South, Willivee Drive on the West, and the Clyde Shepherd Nature Preserve is the Northern boundary.
- The neighborhoods surrounding Medlock Park include: University Heights, North Decatur Heights, Downtown Decatur and Druid Hills.
- Popular Streets in the neighborhood include Hunting Valley Drive, Scott Circle, Willivee, Superior, and Desmond Drive.
- Residents enjoy lower property taxes, as Medlock Park is located in unincorporated Dekalb County (not in the City limits of Atlanta or Decatur)
- Many of the residents work at the nearby Emory University or CDC
- Learn more on the Medlock Park Neighborhood Association website
Part of the DeKalb County Public School System, students who live in Medlock Park would attend:
- Laurel Ridge Elementary School
- Fernbank Elementary School
- Druid Hills Middle School
- Druid Hills High School
Thanks to the proximity to Emory University, the CDC and the VA Hospital, homes in Medlock Park are always in high demand. The ranch-style homes under $400K tend to sell very, very quickly, while the new construction homes at the higher price points may take a bit longer.
Stay tuned for more information about the North Decatur / Medlock Park real estate market!
- NATURE PRESERVE -- Located on Pinebluff Trail (at the end of Woodtrail Lane), the Clyde Sheperd Nature Preserve is also a wildlife sanctuary and offers almost 30 acres of walking trails. For more information visit the Clyde Sheperd Preserve website.
- MEDLOCK PARK & RECREATION CENTER - Dekalb county's 39-acre Medlock Park includes playgrounds, swimming pools, walking trails, picnic areas, baseball fields, and plenty of room to fly a kite on a sunny Saturday!
The Urbanest (aka "Urban Nest") Atlanta Real Estate Group, along with eXp Realty, has some of the top North Decatur real estate agents who would be honored to assist you with the purchase of your next home. Our agents bring years of experience to the table and believe that our clients need to be armed with as much information as possible in order to make an informed decision. We're on a mission to help you find your new "nest".
If you are planning to sell your Medlock Park or University Heights home, know that you're in good hands with the Urban Nest Atlanta real estate team. Our commitment to customer service will ensure that you are informed at every step during the marketing and sale of your home or condo. Your satisfaction is the cornerstone of our business... as a matter of fact, we feel that our job isn't complete until you are raving about your experience to everyone you know!