DRUID HILLS REAL ESTATE GUIDE
If you enjoy tree-lined, winding streets, parks, historic homes, and easy access to Downtown Atlanta, Emory University and the interstate, Druid Hills may be the ideal neighborhood for you and your family. The schools are excellent, with Fernbank Elementary and Druid Hills High School as well as the highly-acclaimed private schools, Paideia and The Howard School. Learn more below with our Druid Hills real estate guide.
One of the most popular historic districts in Atlanta, the Druid Hills neighborhood is also one of the most affluent. The estates that were constructed in the early 1900s are among the finest examples of period architecture in the Metro Atlanta area. Home values range from $350,000 for a 1950s ranch style home to more than $3.5 million for a luxury estate near the Druid Hills Golf Club.
- Druid Hills Elementary Schools are top notch in Metro Atlanta, especially Springdale Park Elementary and Fernbank Elementary
- Spanning across several Atlanta and Decatur zip codes, you will find a portion of Druid Hills in zip codes 30306, 30307 and 30030 and 30033 in Dekalb County, Georgia
- Popular streets in Druid Hills include Lullwater Park, Ponce de Leon Avenue, Clifton, East Lake Drive, Oakdale, Springdale, North Decatur Road and Oakview.
- Bordered by Virginia Highland, Morningside, Lake Claire, Oakhurst, and Downtown Decatur
Druid Hills is located in the Dekalb County School District and a small portion in the City of Atlanta district, so residents have some good choices for both public and private schools.
- Fernbank Elementary School (DeKalb County) - Located in the heart of Druid Hills across the street from Fernbank Science Museum, Fernbank is one of the highest ranked elementary schools in DeKalb County. Founded in 1959 by a group of Emory University families, parental involvement has continued throughout the years and has helped Fernbank Elementary maintain an excellent academic record.
- Springdale Park Elementary School (City of Atlanta) - Often referred to as "SPARK", Springdale Elementary is known as the first "green" elementary school. This state of the art school offers everything from yoga to martial arts and chess club and the debate team. Even though they only opened their doors a few years ago, Springdale Park Elementary has already received numerous awards for Academic Excellence and meeting/exceeding test scores.
- BriarVista Elementary
- Inman Middle School
- Shamrock Middle School
- Grady High School
- Druid Hills High School
- The Paideia School (private)
- Emory University
Homes in Druid Hills range from the $400s for a smaller fixer-upper home to over $2.0 million for a larger historic home or newer construction luxury home. Many of the homes in the historic district on the gorgeous tree-lined streets like Lullwater or Oakdale sell between $900K and $1.8M. Get the latest information about the Druid Hills Atlanta real estate market and view the latest neighborhood real estate market reports.
- Druid Hills Home and Garden Tour
- Party on Ponce
- Fernbank Science Museum and Planetarium
- Emory Village
- Druid Hills Country Club and Golf Course
Interested in selling or buying a home in the Druid Hills / Emory area? Our real estate agents live, work and play in the neighborhood and would love to show you around. If you aren't quite ready to sell your home or purchase a new one, but just have questions about the current real estate market, schools, commute times - or anything else - we're here to help. Contact us anytime at the number above.