LAKE CLAIRE REAL ESTATE GUIDE
Nestled in between Candler Park and Druid Hills, Atlanta's Lake Claire neighborhood is loaded with personality and eclectic charm. This friendly Intown neighborhood popular with both young single professionals and families and is filled with tree-lined streets, parks, and some seriously cute cottages and bungalows. The only thing that's missing is the LAKE! Yes, Atlanta's Lake Claire neighborhood is not home to a lake. Learn more about this delightful n'hood with our Lake Claire real estate guide...
- Lake Claire is located in the City of Atlanta and Fulton County, zip code 30307
- Popular Streets in Lake Claire include: McLendon, Harold, Ridgecrest and Palifox Dr, Claire, Hardendorf Ave, and Dekalb Ave.
- Bordering neighborhoods include Candler Park, Little Five Points, Oakhurst, Druid Hills, and Kirkwood.
- Lake Claire is in the highly acclaimed Mary Lin Elementary School district
- The streets are filled with bungalows, post-war homes, Tudors and Tudor Revival homes. There are also several new construction Craftsman homes bungalows speckled throughout the neighborhood.
- Home prices typically range from about $275,000 to $900M. Lake Claire homes under $350K usually sell very quickly and foreclosures are typically few and far between in this popular Intown Atlanta neighborhood.
Homes in Atlanta's Lake Claire community range in price from about $450,000 for a smaller 2 or 3 bedroom home to $850,000 for a larger historic home. New construction prices can easily go over $1.0 million. Over the last 5 years, home values have been soaring in Lake Claire and many homes sell in the first weekend with multiple offers. Affordability is becoming a challenge in this popular neighborhood, but experts are predicting that the market will level off in the 2020-2021 timeframe.
- Earth Day / Sweetwater Fest in Candler Park
- Inman Park Festival & Parade
- Candler Park Tour of Homes
- Mid-Summer Music Festival
- Little Five Points Halloween Parade
- Candler Park Movie Night (on the lawn in Candler Park)
- Bike Path (running from Downtown Atlanta through Candler Park, ending in Stone Mountain)
- Lake Claire Pool
- Candler Park Golf Course
- Lake Claire Park
- Candler Park - DeKalb County park with ball field, playground, pool and picnic pavilions
Most of the Lake Claire restaurants are just a block or two outside the neighborhood. Here are some of our favorites:
The Flying Biscuit
Located at the intersection where Lake Claire meets Candler Park, you'll find the original Flying Biscuit. This charming, eclectic eatery offers some of the best Southern-inspired brunches in town. Every weekend, you'll find all the neighbors gathered outside socializing while waiting for their table. Vegetarian entrees also offered. Located at 1655 McLendon Ave NE in Atlanta, GA 30307.
Casual pizzeria with thin-crust or Sicilian style pies, along with beer and a large outdoor patio. Located at 1634 McLendon Ave NE.
Fox Bros BBQ
If you are a fan of BBQ, then Fox Bros. needs to be at the top of your dining list. This laid back BBQ joint offers slow-roast ribs, pulled pork and some delectable Southern sides. Indoor and outdoor seating available. Located at 1238 DeKalb Ave NE in Atlanta, GA 30307.
Funky Tex-Mex cafe serving breakfast and lunchtime sandwiches in diner digs with retro checkered flooring. Located at 1660 McLendon Ave NE.
La Fonda Latina
The perfect spot for margaritas and paella! This laid-back eatery is located at 1639 McLendon Ave NE in Atlanta, GA 30307.
Candler Park Market
If you're on the run and would like a healthy sandwich or sub, pop into Candler Park Market's deli (in the back of the store). We promise you won't be disappointed!
The Urbanest (aka 'Urban Nest') Real Estate Group, in affiliation with eXp Realty, would be honored to assist you with the purchase of your next Candler Park or Lake Claire home. Our agents bring years of experience to the table and work hard to ensure that our home buyer clients are armed with as much information as possible in order to make a solid real estate investment. Youll also have access to the latest market statistics and home sales data to ensure that you get a fantastic deal on your new "nest".
If you are thinking about selling your Lake Claire home, know that you're in good hands. Our commitment to customer service, tech-savvy, creative marketing strategy and intimate knowledge of the Intown Atlanta real estate market will ensure that your home is sold... no matter what kind of real estate market we're in.