KIRKWOOD REAL ESTATE GUIDE
Atlanta's Historic Kirkwood neighborhood is loaded with personality and charm. This super-hip, friendly 'hood is popular with both young single professionals and families and is filled with tree-lined streets, parks, and renovated Craftsman bungalows and cottages. Learn more about all that this n'hood has to offer with our handy-dandy Kirkwood real estate guide...
- Kirkwood is in the popular Toomer Elementary School district and Jackson High School districts. The option to attend the new Drew Charter School through the charter school lottery system.
- Popular Streets in Kirkwood include: Hosea Williams, Howard, Ridgedale, Kirkwood Ave, Oakview, Warren, Norwood, Brahnam, and Rockyford.
- Bordering neighborhoods include Candler Park, Lake Claire, Oakhurst, Edgewood and East Lake.
- Located in the City of Atlanta limits in Dekalb County, Georgia - Zip code 30317
Residents in Atlanta's Kirkwood neighborhood are in the City of Atlanta School District and attend the following schools:
- Toomer Elementary School
- Drew Charter School (lottery system)
- King Middle School
- Maynard Jackson High School
This super-hot Intown neighborhood has come a LONG way in the last five years! Homes values have more than doubled since the bottom of the market, many are being renovated at lightning speed, and buyers often have to compete for any Kirkwood home that comes on the market.
Homes in Atlanta's Kirkwood neighborhood range in price from about $450K for a post-war 2 to 3 bedroom home to $650K for large, fully-restored historic homes. New construction homes carry a hefty price tag and typically range between $700K and $1.0 million. Learn more about the Kirkwood real estate market and view our latest market reports.
- Kirkwood Spring Fling
- Kirkwood Tour of Homes
- Mardi Gras Festival in Downtown Kirkwood
- Kirkwood Wine Crawl
- East Lake Farmers Market
- Bessie Branham Park - Playground, Ball Field, Tennis and Rec Center
- Restaurants and shops in Downtown Kirkwood (near the intersection of Hosea Williams and Howard)
Thinking about moving to this oh-so-charming Atlanta neighborhood? Have to sell your current Kirkwood home? The Urban Nest Atlanta Real Estate Group is here to help! We absolutely love the homes in Historic Kirkwood, so assisting you would be an honor. Please contact us anytime for a one-on-one consultation and we’ll put our expertise to work for you.