EDGEWOOD REAL ESTATE GUIDE
Located just five minutes from Downtown Atlanta, Edgewood borders several other popular neighborhoods, such as Little Five Points, Candler Park, East Atlanta, Reynoldstown and Kirkwood. It is one of the hottest neighborhoods in Atlanta for affordable housing and has experienced tremendous growth since the addition of the Edgewood Retail District in 2005. With easy access to I-20, Moreland and DeKalb Avenues and Memorial Drive, you can see why Edgewood is undergoing renovation at a rapid pace.
- Edgewood is located within the city limits of Atlanta in Dekalb County, zip code 30317
- Bordering neighborhoods include Reynoldstown, Kirkwood, East Atlanta and Little Five Points / Candler Park
- This is a great neighborhood for first time home buyers and investors
- Architectural styles in Edgewood range from small cottages to 1920s Craftsman bungalows, newer Craftsman homes and a growing stock of newly built modern/contemporary houses.
- Residents of Edgewood enjoy easy access to shopping (Edgewood Retail District), interstate (I-20 and I-75) and popular restaurants and shops in nearby neighborhoods
While there is a long list of private schools within a 10-minute drive from Edgewood, most of the students attend the City of Atlanta Public Schools:
- Toomer Elementary
- King Middle School
- Maynard Jackson High School
Single-family homes in Edgewood Atlanta range from about $300,000 for a smaller, semi-renovated home to over $750K for a new construction Craftsman style or modern home. The average sales price is in the low $400s.
This is a popular area for real estate investors and occasionally you can find investment properties and fixer-uppers for under $3000,000.
There are SO many things to do in and around Atlanta's Edgewood neighborhood. Here are just a few of our favorites:
- Edgewood Mac & Cheese Festival (Fall)
- Shopping at Edgewood Retail District
- Live music and nightlife in the East Atlanta Village
- Halloween Parade in Little Five Points
- Reynoldstown Wheelbarrow Festival
- Kirkwood Spring Fling
The Urbanest (aka "Urban Nest") Atlanta Real Estate Group, in affiliation with eXp Realty, has some of the top Intown Atlanta real estate agents who would be honored to assist you with the purchase of your next home. The nest agents live and work in the area and bring years of experience to the table. We'll make sure that you are armed with as much information as possible to ensure that you find the very best home for your needs and budget.
If you are planning to sell your Edgewood home, know that you're in good hands with the Urban Nest Atlanta team. Your satisfaction is the cornerstone of our business... as a matter of fact, we feel that our job isn't complete until you are raving about your experience to everyone you know!