June 2 – 3, 2012
Sponsored by the Virginia-Highlands Civic Association, this is one of most popular festivals in Atlanta and was rated #1 Atlanta Festival by Creative Loafing readers! Summerfest is located along the tree-lined streets of Virginia Avenue (between North Highland Avenue and Park Drive). There is quite a line up of food, artists, music and fun for the kids:
- 5K RUN – Kicking off the festival, a 5K run will take 1,000+ runners through the streets of Virginia Highlands. For more information
- and to register, visit active.com or running4fitness.com. [Note that you cannot register the morning of the event!]
- MUSIC – A variety of local and nationally-acclaimed musicians will be at SummerFest this year. We were excited to see that Marc Broussard will be headlining!
- ARTISTS MARKET – The juried Artists Market has been rated one of the finest in the Southeast and features everything from
- paintings to pottery to jewelry and photography.
- KIDSFEST — This year’s theme will be “Wild Animal Safari” with lots of games and activies for the kids. The children’s section will be at the edge of John Howell Park (near Virginia Ave and Arcadia). This free event will run from 10am to 3pm on Saturday and Noon to 3pm on Sunday.
FYI — Because it is primarily a residential area, parking for Summerfest is extremely limited. You can take MARTA, but the closest MARTA station is in Midtown (on 10th St). We would recommend getting there early or arriving later in the day.
Hope to see you at one of our FAVORITE Atlanta neighborhood festivals, Summerfest in Virginia Highland!
For more information about Summerfest, please visit the official event website.
To learn more about the Virginia Highlands neighborhood, check out our VAHI Real Estate Guide.
Posted by: Kerry Lucasse | Nest Atlanta Real Estate Group | 404.721.3001 | http://www.inVAHI.com