Grant Park Home Sales Report & Market Update for 3Q 2012
It’s been a long road for many homeowners, but it is finally safe to say that we are movin’ on up… especially in Atlanta neighborhoods like Historic Grant Park.
In the charts to the right, you will find a summary of the sales activity for 3rd Quarter (July-Sept) of 2012 and compared it to the same time period for the last five years. This includes Grant Park proper in zip code 30312. The graphs may not “WOW” you, but wait until you read the updates below:
GRANT PARK REAL ESTATE HIGHLIGHTS:
* The number of Grant Park homes SOLD in the July-Sept period is the highest its been in more than 5 YEARS!
* Home sales prices ranged from $42,000 to $524,000 with the average at $248,325 — up by $24,000 from the same time last year and $14,000 higher than 2008 (3Q).
* The time it takes to sell a home in Grant Park is declining, just 110 days on average. The average is a bit misleading, as over 28% sold in less than a week and 50% of all the homes sold in less than a month.
he number of East Atlanta homes sold is on par with last year’s numbers (125 vs 128 homes sold). 2010 was definitely the low point for the number of homes sold.
* The average time to sell a home dropped by almost 20% from last year and is the LOWEST in 5 YEARS!
* Over 28% of the homes sold in LESS THAN A WEEK (not too shabby!)
* The time it takes to sell a home in Grant Park is declining, just 110 days on average. The average is a bit misleading, as 50% of all the homes sold in less than a month and 28% in less than a week.
* 37.5% of ALL the homes SOLD for at least 100% of the asking price. We just want to shout that from the rooftops! Thanks to a short supply of quality homes and sellers pricing their home correctly on the day that it is listed, buyers are coming out of the woodwork and submitting offers the first day the home is listed.
FYI FOR SELLERS
82% of the home buyers requested that the sellers pay a portion (or all) of the closing costs last quarter.
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR GRANT PARK HOME?
If you talk to anyone who is trying to buy a home under $350K in the Grant Park area, they are sure to talk your ear off about the limited supply of quality homes for sale (especially 1920s bungalows), wild-n-crazy bidding wars, and homes selling before they are officially listed in the Atlanta MLS.
If you consider the current demand and the fact that 37.5% of the Grant Park homes sold for at least 100% of the listing price and 50% sold in less than a month, it may be a very a good time for you to list and sell your home!
ICING ON THE CAKE….
As a special thanks to all of the fabulous people in the East Atlanta Village, Grant Park, Ormewood Park, and the nearby n’hoods, the Nest Atlanta team wanted to do something special for our 2nd Anniversary and is offering 20% off our full service real estate listing commission! **
Please call Kerry for all the details at 404.432.1844.
SEE THE LATEST HOMES IN GRANT PARK AND ORMEWOOD PARK
- Grant Park Real Estate for Sale (including foreclosures!)
MORE ATLANTA NEIGHBORHOOD REAL ESTATE REPORTS
- East Atlanta Real Estate Market Update (3Q 2012)
Kerry Lucasse | Home Marketing Specialist and Team Leader for the Nest Atlanta Real Estate Group | inGrantPark.com
404.432.1844 (c) | 404.281.6350 (b) | Ian Marshall Realty – Intown office
All the home sales data was extracted by Kerry Lucasse from the Atlanta First Multiple Listing System (FMLS) on 10/04/2012. Information deemed to be reliable but not guaranteed. The Nest Atlanta Real Estate Blog - Copyright 2006 – 2013 by Kerry Lucasse and the Nest Atlanta team with Ian Marshall Realty – Intown Atlanta. If you need assistance with East Atlanta real estate, Kerry Lucasse and the Nest Atlanta Real Estate Group are always available to assist you with your residential real estate needs!
** Applies to home listings over $100K in zip codes 30312, 30316, and 30317. All listing agreement must be signed by 1/31/2013. Please call Kerry Lucasse for more details at 404.432.1844.